Saturday, February 5, 2011

Project Legolas

I created my 1/72 version of Legolas in January of 2007.  I was looking at the up coming Caesar Fantasy lines, that didn't come out until the end of 2007, and I just got impatient.  The front and back of the completed figure can be seen below with Friar Tuck (an Airfix Robin Hood set figure) and Conan (a Caesar Miniatures Adventures set figure) making their appearance for scale. 

(Click on the image for a larger version)
I chose the Hat/Airfix Merry Man's body on the right because it has the best gear and a nice dynamic arrow shooting pose, but his bearded face would never do for an elf.  So I used a bald head from another Merry Man like the one on the left and did a head swap.  At this point you may be asking yourself , a bald elf will not work any better than a beardy one.  I have to admit the logic is sound, but since I planned to sculpt on pointy ears and longish hair adding hair plugs for the bald head didn't seem to be a problem.  As you can see I also added a quiver of arrows, an arm guard, and high boots, when I sculpted on his ears and hair.  The end result was an acceptable elf figure.

(Click on the image for a larger version)
I decided to post this after reading Paul's Bods Blog about Airfix Robin Hood figure head swaps.  Thanks to Paul for the motivating me to showing off my first plastic 1/72 fantasy figure. 

Thanks for reading...






Copyright © Ron Hamilton 2011, All Right Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. THAT is a great conversion!!!!
    Another fine example of how usefull the Airfix Robinhood set is...
    I´m glad you found my head swop idea usefull :-D
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete

In an effort to keep my comments spam free and to avoid the use of CAPTCHA. (I find them annoying) Comments on this blog are moderated. Please be patient, it may take a bit of time for me to approve them.

Thanks for commenting.